doni. Powered by Blogger.
Home » , , » Receiving COMPASS Awards

Receiving COMPASS Awards

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 | 8:30 AM

Today I received a letter from COMPASS (Composers and Authors Society of Singapore) to inform me that I will be receiving two awards at the 16th COMPASS Awards Ceremony in July:

1. Top Local Instrumental Contemporary - awarded based on royalty collection of songs in the instrumental category in the year 2010


2. COMPASS Young Songwriter of the Year - given to a writer member who receives the most royalties in the year 2010 as a composer or lyricist who are below 35 years old. Each writer member will only be entitled to receive this award once.


The second award came at a timely moment, for I turned 35 in 2010, which makes this the final year that I am eligible for this award.


I am extremely elated to be recognised of my achievements through these music awards. I am very heartened to know that my dedication to writing for the instrumental genre since I started composing in 1995 is worth it.

I wish to thank all who loved my works in Piano Spa series and I will continue to produce more instrumental music for your enjoyment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment